Editing and producing scene 1

Currently I am in the process of editing scene 1. Im making sure to edit and produce this scene first because if this scene ends up failing, chances are the whole concept will fail and I will have to re-conceptualise my film. During editing, I noticed that my film footage has a lot of noise due to the inside setting. I thought at first this would make the film look poor but with more consideration I have decided to fully use the grain as an asset rather than as a liability to my footage and further distort the footage. This gives a very odd, upsetting feeling to the footage.

I also decided to use the build up of non-diegetic audio with animalistic audio and a very eerie tune to create a not especially terrifying atmosphere but certainly an unsettling one to creep out spectators.
 
I have also decided to speed up and distort the footage at certain parts to give the video a 'jumpy' sort of feel as though the footage is damaged or being distorted. This will give a sense of enigma as to why the footage is like this and it will also obstruct the spectators view of the whole image, making them question what is going on. My aim with this film is to make create a sense of disorder and chaos that may confuse certain spectators but hopefully will entice more active spectators to look for the deeper message of the film. 
I have managed to add a lot of editing to give the red tinge to the atmosphere and since the footage is already dark, the blue that is added with the red channel blur doesn't negatively effect the footage. 
To grow into the footage so that the effects slowly take over the shot, I used key frames to create a gradual progression with the effects and time them to fit the audio also to emphasise the shots. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizophrenic Love Evaluation

Evaluation of 'The Gunfighter'